The Applications based on AGL framework should have a full packaging solution, independently of yocto workflow.
Unfortunately the build part of the Applications is only in documentation or in yocto recipes.
The Applications build with AGL framework must be automated without any yocto recipes.
A script named autobuild is used to control applications build operations. The bbclass aglwgt.bbclass will call the autobuild script for all operations and is located at the top level of the application repository.
This script could be written in one of the following languages:
The script will be executed directly after a chmod() on it (this implies that the caller should make the script executable before calling it: caller could be aglwgt.bbclass, a jenkins job, a ‘real’ developer …) An appropriate shebang is required to make the script callable directly:
- ’#!/usr/bin/make -f’ for Makefile format,
- ’#/usr/bin/bash’ for Bash
The calling convention is close to the one from make, in particular to pass arguments through env variables. This is also easy for bash, as a simple eval on arguments will set environment variables correctly. The generic call has the following format:
autobuild/agl/autobuild <command> [ARG1="value1" [ARG2="value2" ... ]]
autobuild can be invoked from any directory and all relative paths are considered to be relative to the location of autobuild.
For makefile scripts, this is the usual behaviour.
For bash scripts, running a ‘cd $(dirname $0)’ at the beginning is mandatory.
At build time, the following calls must be made in the following order:
autobuild/agl/autobuild configure CONFIGURE_ARGS="..."
initializes the build environment (ex: if app uses cmake, the ‘configure’’ step will run cmake)
autobuild/agl/autobuild build BUILD_ARGS="...."
autobuild/agl/autobuild package PACKAGE_ARGS="..." DEST=<path for resulting wgt file(s)>
creates the widget package(s) in the specified destination path prepared by the caller
autobuild/agl/autobuild package-test PACKAGE_ARGS="..." DEST=<path for resulting wgt file(s)>
creates the test widget package(s) in the specified destination path prepared by the caller
autobuild/agl/autobuild clean CLEAN_ARGS="..."
clean the built files (removes the result of autobuild build)
autobuild/agl/autobuild distclean DISTCLEAN_ARGS="..."
clean everything (removes the result of autobuild build + autobuild configure)
To be integrated in the Yocto build workflow you have to generate
scripts using autobuild target.
To generate those scripts proceeds:
mkdir -p build cd build cmake .. && make autobuild
You should see autobuild/agl/autobuild file now.
Here are the available targets available from autobuild scripts:
- clean : clean build directory from object file and targets results.
- distclean : delete build directory
- configure : generate project Makefile from CMakeLists.txt files.
- build : compile all project targets.
- package : build and output a wgt package.
- package-test : build and output the test wgt as well as the normal wgt package.
- install : install the project in your filesystem
You can specify variables that modify the behavior of compilation using the following variables:
- CLEAN_ARGS : Variable used at clean time.
- DISTCLEAN_ARGS : Variable used at distclean time.
- CONFIGURE_ARGS : Variable used at configure time.
- BUILD_ARGS : Variable used at build time.
- DEST : Directory where to output wgt file (default at build root directory).
Variable as to be in CMake format. (ie: BUILD_ARGS=”-DC_FLAGS=’-g -O2’”)
./autobuild/wgt/autobuild package DEST=/tmp