Inside the container
- a Debian 8.5 based system with an SSH server listening on tcp/22,
- a dedicated user is defined to run the SSH session: devel (password: devel)
- a script named “prepare_meta” for preparing the build environment
File system organization and shared volume
The image has been designed with a dedicated file-system hierarchy. Here it is:
devel@bsp-devkit:/$ **tree -L 2 /xdt** /xdt |-- build | `-- conf | |-- bblayers.conf | |-- local.conf | [snip] |-- ccache |-- downloads |-- meta | |-- agl-manifest | |-- meta-agl | |-- meta-agl-demo | |-- meta-agl-extra | |-- meta-amb | |-- meta-intel | |-- meta-intel-iot-security | |-- meta-iot-agl | |-- meta-oic | |-- meta-openembedded | |-- meta-qt5 | |-- meta-renesas | |-- meta-rust | |-- meta-security-isafw | `-- poky |-- sdk |-- sources |-- sstate-cache | |-- 00 | |-- 01 | |-- 02 | |-- 03 | |-- 04 | |-- 05 | |-- 06 | |-- 07 [snip] `-- workspace
Noticeably, the BSP related features are located in the dedicated “/xdt” directory.
This directory contains sub-directories, and in particular the following:
- build: will contain the result of the build process, including an image for the Porter board.
- downloads: (optional) contain the Yocto download cache, a feature which will locally store the upstream projects sources codes and which is fulfilled when an image is built for the first time. When populated, this cache allow the user to built without any connection to Internet.
- meta: contains the pre-selected Yocto layers required to built the relevant AGL image for the Porter board.
- sstate-cache: (optional) contain the Yocto shared state directory cache, a feature which store the intermediate output of each task for each recipe of an image. This cache enhance the image creation speed time by avoiding Yocto task to be run when they are identical to a previous image creation.